Two of the biggest names in slot machines, Bally Technologies and WMS Gaming, are together under the Scientific Games umbrella nowadays.
Both have had more than their share of innovations in building games that keep us entertained, and Scientific Games plans to build on that tradition with its own iconic titles.
One that players will just have to check out is Caddyshack, the classic 1980 golf comedy starring Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield, Michael O’Keefe and Ted Knight. It’s one of the most quotable movies of all time, chock full of iconic scenes and lines.
Those moments come alive again on Caddyshack, the slot, with nine video reels and eight paylines. Game graphics, sound and video clips draw on the film favorite.
Movie magic really comes to life in the bonus events, themed after classic Caddyshack scenes.
Check out some of the bonus action you’ll find when you tee this one up:
- The Best Game of My Life: In the film, Fred Wilcoxon as Bishop Fred Pickering goes out and has the best game of his life during a terrible rainstorm. But at the end of his round he misses a putt and he curses to God – and is hit by lightning.
In the Caddyshack slot, the Best Game of My Life Bonus gives you a free spin, and you keep on spinning as long as you get paying combinations. There’s no stopping until you get a loser, so if you go on the best spins of your life, the credits can build up fast. At the end of the round, you get a multiplier of two, three or 20 times your winnings.
- The Cinderella Outta Nowhere Bonus plays off a scene with Bill Murray as Carl Spackler. Spackler whacks away at the flowers, but in the slot version each flower has a bonus multiplier.
Basically, Cinderella Outta Nowhere is the opposite of the Best Game of My Life. Instead of playing until you lose, this time you play until you win. If you have a cold streak to start, no worries. You spin till you win, then you whack the flowers for a two, three or 20 times multiplier.
- The I’m Alright Bonus: You start with eight free spins. You can retrigger the free spins as you play, or even launch a different bonus. Three bonus symbols on the reels award eight more free spins. If four bonus symbols land on the reels, you get eight more spins, PLUS you collect a bonus symbol. Three collected symbols get you one of the other bonus events.
- The Improve Your Lie Bonus gives you a chance to, well, improve your lie. You start with one free spin. If you get a Wild Golf Ball or Wild Gopher symbol appears on the reels, you get another spin. Even if you don’t get one of the wild symbols, at random times Wild Golf Ball symbol can drop onto the reels to improve your win.
- The Gopher’s Wilds Bonus: You’re awarded one free spin with three to nine Wild Gophers randomly appearing on the reels, and the Na-Na-Na-Na bonus, with one free spin and three to nine Wild Golf Balls.
- The Na-Na-Na-Na Bonus: In the Caddyshack film, golf prodigy Spackler has all kinds of unorthodox – or is that silly? – ways to hit the ball. His cries of “Na, na, na, na” will resonate with fans of the slot, just as they’ve brought a million imitators among film fans.
Look for John Grochowski on Facebook (http://tinyurl.com/7lzdt44) and Twitter (@GrochowskiJ).